Tuesday, December 18, 2018

COMICS IN REVIEW: INFINITY WARS ~ SLEEPWALKER #4

Hello everyone! As some of you may know, I am writing for the website COMICONVERSE. I have been covering the current comic books from Marvel Comics and BOOM! Studios such as Doctor Strange and Kong of Skull Island. And really anything I want to review.

For myself and anyone else interested I am documenting each of my articles here at Blood Work.

If you haven't checked out this latest article here you go!
 





The dream has come to an end.

I was ridiculously excited about this mini series from the moment it was announced. So excited in fact that it was garnering a bit of playful ridicule here and there. I am self aware enough to know what I am, a person with very odd tastes, and I knew that I was probably the only one who was excited about this. Just because I have weird tastes doesn't mean what I like is bad, right? Or that I can't tell the difference between something bad and something good (at least I hope that's the case). 

Maybe I can't anymore... it's been a weird year and self reflection points to me not knowing what's good from what's bad anymore. Can you go senile in your thirties?

So, anyway, sometimes these books sound great in theory but in actuality fall hard on their faces. Such was not the case here. I loved all four issues, from the art to the story, and wish there were more. The only issue I found a little wanting was issue #2. There was a section in #2 that spent way too much time away from Sleepwalker and with those mostly irrelevant "Infinity Warps" characters (ugh, talk about a waste of time). The other issues didn't have this problem whatsoever.

Now there's a holding pattern that I'm in. A "wait and see" approach whether enough other readers enjoyed this book to warrant a continuation in another book. The last few pages hint at possibly more on the horizon, and I sure hope so. But I'm not gonna hold my breath as many books have teased such things only to amount to nothing (here's looking at you Doctor Strange: Damnation).

But we're gonna be hopeful and stay positive, and eagerly await more adventures with these characters and this creative team which I think works so very well together.

For my full review click on the links above!

And for more of my bizarre and strange tastes feel free to read up on my previous reviews as well!

 



THE INFINITY ENTITY

THE LIFE OF CAPTAIN MARVEL #2
 
DECODING THE DnA OF GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (PART 3)
DECODING THE DnA OF GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (PART 2)
DECODING THE DnA OF GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (PART 1)




No comments:

Post a Comment