Tuesday, August 30, 2016

COMICS IN REVIEW: GUARDIANS OF INFINITY #8

Hello everyone! As some of you may know, I am writing for the website COMICONVERSE. I have been covering the current comic books from Marvel Comics Guardians of Infinity and Doctor Strange.

For myself and anyone else interested I am documenting each of my articles here at Blood Work.

If you haven't checked out this latest article here you go!
 
 
 

As many of you know, I had a love/hate relationship with this book. Every issue of this book contained two separate stories. I loved every moment with the primary story, the actual Guardians of Infinity story. And I mostly hated every single page of the secondary stories.

So why am I disappointed?

Because this book never really got a chance. Marvel shot this book in foot from day one with the double feature aspect. But nevertheless the primary story was written very well and the characters were treated respectfully. I love the Guardians 3000 characters and the writer of this book, Dan Abnett, knows how to write them expertly.

It saddens me that this may be the last time that Dan Abnett will write a Guardians of the Galaxy story. I sincerely hope not because he set up a truly limitless future for stories. It would be such a shame if no one ever wrote these characters again.

So, with true nerd love, I raise a glass to the Guardians of Infinity, Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, Keith Giffen, Carlo Barberi, Andrea DiVito, Paul Pelletier and cosmic Marvel goodness. 
 
Cheers, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment