Wednesday, November 29, 2017

COMICS IN REVIEW: SKULL ISLAND ~ THE BIRTH OF KONG

Hello everyone! As some of you may know, I am writing for the website COMICONVERSE. I have been covering the current comic books from Marvel Comics and BOOM! Studios such as Doctor Strange and Kong of Skull Island.

For myself and anyone else interested I am documenting each of my articles here at Blood Work.

If you haven't checked out this latest article here you go!






This is a review of the complete four issue mini series that ties into the film KONG: SKULL ISLAND from Legendary pictures. Legendary has been releasing these comic book tie ins since 2013 with PACIFIC RIM: TALES FROM YEAR ZERO (totally awesome btw). They did it with the 2014 Godzilla and earlier this year with The Great Wall (is that going to be folded into the Monsterverse too?). They just finished their latest movie tie-in comic, Skull Island: The Birth of Kong.

Simply put... It's awesome! The art work you see above is what all the interior art looks like! It's seriously some of the best artwork I've seen in comic books this year and maybe for the last few years. It's breathtaking (it puts Marvel to shame). The story is fast and action packed and it weaves a really detailed narrative of Kong's past and future (post 1973). Of course I am biased as I love King Kong and have loved the great ape since I was a kid. But really, this is pretty darn good.


Check out my full review by clicking the links above!


Check out my other articles for ComiConverse linked below!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment