Sunday, December 25, 2016

COMICS IN REVIEW: ROBBIE REYES ~ GHOST RIDER #1

Hello everyone! As some of you may know, I am writing for the website COMICONVERSE. I have been covering the current comic books from Marvel Comics Guardians of Infinity and Doctor Strange.

For myself and anyone else interested I am documenting each of my articles here at Blood Work.

If you haven't checked out this latest article here you go!
 
 
 
Click on the link above for my full review!
 
 So, most of you know how much I love Ghost Rider. If I didn't know the Hulk, GR would be my all time favorite. That being said, the last ten years have not been very kind to Ghost Rider what with two unsuccessful movies and a number of failed relaunches. Robbie Reyes' last book, All-New Ghost Rider, was among the failed relaunches. It had a decent story, but the art was very stylized (not to my liking). If it weren't for Marvel's big push for diversity among its heroes I doubt Robbie would be getting a second chance regardless of how unique a character he is or the quality of the writing.

Robbie Reyes received a major boost thanks to this season's Agents of SHIELD. In typical Marvel fashion, they wanted to cash in on the positive feedback the character was receiving from the television show. So here we are. The art is way better, but ironically its the story that seems to be struggling. Even so, it's so hard to tell how a comic will shape up nowadays based off one issue. We'll see.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment