Wednesday, February 28, 2018

COMICS IN REVIEW: DOCTOR STRANGE ~ DAMNATION #1

Hello everyone! As some of you may know, I am writing for the website COMICONVERSE. I have been covering the current comic books from Marvel Comics and BOOM! Studios such as Doctor Strange and Kong of Skull Island.

For myself and anyone else interested I am documenting each of my articles here at Blood Work.

If you haven't checked out this latest article here you go!







Marvel's first Supernatural centric event in decades. I was really looking forward to this book. They announced originally that the event would be five issues long. Not too long and not too short. Then they changed it from five to four issues. Okay, that just means the story's going to be fast and furious, right? You would think but the first issue is quite slow. A lot is riding on the next three issues.

I'm skeptical that this book can pull it off. That doesn't mean I've given up on it just yet. I'm still in the bag for the whole thing, tie-ins and all. And this first issue, despite being slow, was enjoyable. I guess I'll just have to lower my expectations a bit.

On a side note, another reviewer brought up the similarities between this story and a crossover epic from a few years ago called CIRCLE OF FOUR. I had forgotten about that story (maybe purposefully as Rulk was a part of it) and the similarities are striking! I'd say check it out, if only for curiosity's sake.


Anyway, I hope this event is a runaway hit! Lord knows these characters need the exposure.

Check out my full review by clicking on the link above

Check out my other articles for ComiConverse linked below!
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment