Sunday, August 19, 2018

COMICS IN REVIEW: WEAPON H #6

Hello everyone! As some of you may know, I am writing for the website COMICONVERSE. I have been covering the current comic books from Marvel Comics and BOOM! Studios such as Doctor Strange and Kong of Skull Island.

For myself and anyone else interested I am documenting each of my articles here at Blood Work.

If you haven't checked out this latest article here you go!






Who thought that the "Hulkverine" was a good idea? I mean, c'mon, a Hulk/Wolverine hybrid sounds great, right?

Yes, because we need another Wolverine in the Marvel Universe, don't we? And clearly there aren't enough Hulks to go around either...

I'm picking up your sarcasm...

I should hope so because I'm laying it on pretty thick.

Hello, everyone! Welcome to another edition of "My big fat mouth!" where I act like my opinion matters. In today's edition we're going to talk about Marvel's Hulkverine! Yes, Hulk and Wolverine had a baby and his name is Weapon H. If you know me then you know that I love the Hulk. Hulk is my absolute favorite comic book character. In the last decade the Hulk has been through more changes and variations and spawns than ever. 

My opinion on the Hulk is "the fewer Hulks the better." I personally only need/want Bruce Banner. I'll let She-Hulk stay I guess but we don't need any more! But Marvel certainly doesn't share that opinion as in the last decade we've had two different Red Hulks, a Red She-Hulk, Lyra ~ The Savage She-Hulk, Skaar and Hiro: the sons of Hulk, and Amadeus Cho ~ The Totally Awesome Hulk. The only one of these that I kinda liked was Lyra. Even still, I could do without them all. But wait! There's another one! Weapon H ~ The Hulkverine!

And if anyone else in Marvel has the same problem with derivatives then it's Wolverine (but I think Spider-Man has it the worst. There's a whole universe of Spider-Man derivatives).

Why waste all this valuable comic book real-estate on virtual copy & pastes of the same character when there are so many other great unique characters without a book? Wow, this transformed into a rant rather quickly. I'm so sorry. 

For my Red Hulk rant CLICK HERE!

Anyway, back to Weapon H...

IT'S THE BEST HULK BOOK I'VE READ IN 10 YEARS!

Which is sad because it's not Hulk, it's Weapon H. Though it should be Hulk. And how did I come to read something so ridiculous and inherently anti-"me" you ask? Simple answer really. It's got a big ol' Man-Thing inside it. Ha! Let that simmer inside you for a while...

Click the Weapon H links above for a more coherent stream of thought

Check out my other articles for ComiConverse linked below!



THE INFINITY ENTITY




DECODING THE DnA OF GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (PART 3)
DECODING THE DnA OF GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (PART 2)
DECODING THE DnA OF GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (PART 1)







No comments:

Post a Comment