Wednesday, April 25, 2018

COMICS IN REVIEW: THANOS ~ THE INFINITY SIBLINGS

Hello everyone! As some of you may know, I am writing for the website COMICONVERSE. I have been covering the current comic books from Marvel Comics and BOOM! Studios such as Doctor Strange and Kong of Skull Island.

For myself and anyone else interested I am documenting each of my articles here at Blood Work.

If you haven't checked out this latest article here you go!







Jim Starlin has begun his FINAL Thanos story and perhaps the final Marvel Comics story of his career. Thanos: The Infinity Siblings is the first book in a new trilogy, the second part coming out in November of this year and the final part sometime in 2019 (hopefully just in time for the fourth Avengers film).

Anyway, the day I got this oversized graphic novel I binged the whole thing! No one writes Thanos like Jim Starlin. And Alan Davis' artwork is fantastic. Over the last six years, since the Mad Titan's wrinkled chin made a cameo appearance at the end of the first Avengers movie, Thanos has been all over the place in Marvel comics. As Avengers: Infinity War draws closer Marvel has been pumping out more and more Thanos stuff. And wouldn't you know it, I've read most of it (but not all. I didn't read Squirrel Girl Vs Thanos much to my lament).

This book is easily the most intriguing and satisfying Thanos story since Jim Starlin's last Thanos book in 2016, even better than the Thanos monthly series which has been receiving great acclaim due to its Cosmic Ghost Rider. As with many ultra powerful characters most writers don't know what to do with them, so we usually get the same kind of story every time, namely said powerful character losing his or her power or weakened somehow. BORING! It's been done to death!

I am happy to report that such is NOT the case with the Infinity Siblings. Sorry, I'm gushing. But I really enjoyed this book.

Check out my full review by clicking on the link above
 
Check out my other articles for ComiConverse linked below!
 

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment