Wednesday, March 14, 2018

COMICS IN REVIEW: INFINITY COUNTDOWN #1

Hello everyone! As some of you may know, I am writing for the website COMICONVERSE. I have been covering the current comic books from Marvel Comics and BOOM! Studios such as Doctor Strange and Kong of Skull Island.

For myself and anyone else interested I am documenting each of my articles here at Blood Work.

If you haven't checked out this latest article here you go!
 
 


An absolutely gorgeous variant cover by the incomparable Adi Granov. Carol Danvers hasn't looked this amazing in ten years... sorry, I digress.
 
 Infinity Countdown has officially begun... sort of. This book is essentially Guardians of the Galaxy #153 or it would've been had Marvel not changed it to an event book. I thought it was great. Basically two large action set pieces. And Groot returns to the way he was in the pages of ANNIHILATION CONQUEST before being blown apart for the first time, damaging him.

I am a bit of a Marvel Cosmic snob, no question about it. I have high standards too. I must say that I am pleased with Gerry Duggan's writing this last year for Guardians of the Galaxy. I just hope sales will allow him to continue and do everything he plans on doing. Other than THE BLACK VORTEX event from 2015, Marvel hasn't had a decent cosmic event in a while. Here's hoping.

Check out my full review by clicking on the link above
Check out my other articles for ComiConverse linked below!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment