Friday, September 28, 2018

COMICS IN REVIEW: DOCTOR STRANGE #5


Hello everyone! As some of you may know, I am writing for the website COMICONVERSE. I have been covering the current comic books from Marvel Comics and BOOM! Studios such as Doctor Strange and Kong of Skull Island.

For myself and anyone else interested I am documenting each of my articles here at Blood Work.

If you haven't checked out this latest article here you go!




Wait... haven't we been here before? Didn't we review a Doctor Strange #5 once before?


Hey, everyone! It's another Doctor Strange review!

Oh, another Doctor Strange review...

Sorry, guys, I had nothing better to review at the moment. Doctor Strange is kind of a source of frustration for me for the last three years, basically after I discovered Jason Aaron was rebooting and not continuing the saga. There are many other things too that bother me which I've outlined in the review. 

I actually enjoyed Donny Cates' brief five month tenure on the title and wished he would've stayed on longer. Although the new artist on Doctor Strange is positively bangin', the story seems so familiar and so blah. Mark Waid is a great writer but it seems as if he's not trying too hard on this initial arc (as it's basically Doctor Strange in the Guardians of the Galaxy a la Iron Man joining the Guardians a few years ago). What really bothers me is that it is another story where Doc Strange has lost all his magic and needs to find it again... AGAIN! This is the third freaking time in four years that they've done this story! ARG!!! 

All this tells me is that no one is reading Doctor Strange (not even the writers themselves) and that all the old fans of the Doc have either moved on or stopped reading new comics... as I should've done years ago... I hate myself sometimes...

Check out my full review by clicking on the link above

Check out my other articles for ComiConverse linked below!

THE INFINITY ENTITY

THE LIFE OF CAPTAIN MARVEL #2
 
DECODING THE DnA OF GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (PART 3)
DECODING THE DnA OF GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (PART 2)
DECODING THE DnA OF GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (PART 1)



No comments:

Post a Comment