Wednesday, October 25, 2017

COMICS IN REVIEW: CAPTAIN KRONOS -- VAMPIRE HUNTER #1

Hello everyone! As some of you may know, I am writing for the website COMICONVERSE. I have been covering the current comic books from Marvel Comics and BOOM! Studios such as Doctor Strange and Kong of Skull Island.

For myself and anyone else interested I am documenting each of my articles here at Blood Work.

If you haven't checked out this latest article here you go!
 
 
 
 
 
 Based off of the Hammer horror film of the same name, Captain Kronos returns at last in an all new vampire hunting adventure. Captain Kronos is one of my favorite Hammer horror films and when I saw they were making a comic book about it I jumped at the opportunity to get it. And then I found out that it is written by one of my favorite authors, Dan Abnett! And my new favorite artist, Mike Perkins, supplied the above cover!

Captain Kronos was to be Hammer's new film franchise, taking over for the Dracula franchise. But alas the film came out shortly before Hammer studios nearly went bankrupt. So the franchise was never realized, which is a shame because the movie is so good! It's, in essence, the prototype for Castlevania! No wonder I like it, right? Anyway, the first issue of this new series shows promise. The interior art by Tom Mandrake is really good and Abnett perfectly captures the character of the film in his writing. I cannot wait for the following issues!

Check out my full review by clicking the links above!


Check out my other articles for ComiConverse linked below!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment