Sunday, August 6, 2017

COMICS IN REVIEW: ALL-NEW GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #1-6

Hello everyone! As some of you may know, I am writing for the website COMICONVERSE. I have been covering the current comic books from Marvel Comics and BOOM! Studios such as Doctor Strange and Kong of Skull Island.

For myself and anyone else interested I am documenting each of my articles here at Blood Work.

If you haven't checked out this latest article here you go!






So, I realize that my articles for ComiConverse have been rather Guardians of the Galaxy-heavy as of late and I apologize for that. But this one is somewhat different. I kinda feel like Gamora, Drax, and the rest of this particular team of Guardians have been lost to me for a long time. Ever since the comic book restarted in February of 2013 this particular team of characters, a team which I enjoy quite a bit, has been nothing but disappointing. It always sucks when some of your favorite characters go through a period in which the story takes on a direction you just don't like. I experienced it with Hulk and Ghost Rider. And with the Guardians of the Galaxy that period lasted over FOUR YEARS.

Now, that period may be over or at least I hope it is. Marvel started a new Guardians book that has shown inklings of the previous Guardians that I came to love. I've got my fingers crossed and am hoping against hope that maybe... just maybe, the Guardians that I once enjoyed immensely have returned.

Here's my article on the first six issues of the latest volume of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Click the links above to read it.

Check out the other articles in this series if you haven't already and my other articles for ComiConverse linked below!




No comments:

Post a Comment