Wednesday, June 21, 2017

COMICS IN REVIEW: DECODING THE DnA OF GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

Hello everyone! As some of you may know, I am writing for the website COMICONVERSE. I have been covering the current comic books from Marvel Comics and BOOM! Studios such as Doctor Strange and Kong of Skull Island.

For myself and anyone else interested I am documenting each of my articles here at Blood Work.

If you haven't checked out this latest article here you go!





So this is my brief and nowhere near 100% complete attempt at an ANNOTATED GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY. It's an in-depth look at not just the 2008 Guardians of the Galaxy but DnA's work on the Annihilation - Nova mini series, Nova, Annihilation Conquest, Guardians, on through the Annihilators. Here I break down all the references, plot threads, and characters beats from Marvel's past continuity. This article is different from my usual articles for ComiConverse and for a while there I didn't think they were going to publish it.

For those who know me you may think this merely my "fan boy" running wild. Well, it is and it isn't. I try to avoid any oozing or gushing over how much I love Abnett and Lanning and also avoid any sort of words praising their work. Instead I try to be as professional as possible and focus only on breaking down all the layers of the story. This is meant to be informative. I'll let you be the judge  whether or not I succeeded in keeping my inner fan boy contained.

And this is only the first part. I feel lucky they published this article. We'll see if they publish the others. Anyway, if you care at all about the subject matter, let me know me know how I did and whether the article is good or not.

CHECK OUT MY OTHER REVIEWS FOR COMICONVERSE
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment