Monday, March 27, 2017

COMICS IN REVIEW: IRON FIST #1 (2017)

Hello everyone! As some of you may know, I am writing for the website COMICONVERSE. I have been covering the current comic books from Marvel Comics and BOOM! Studios such as Doctor Strange and Kong of Skull Island.

For myself and anyone else interested I am documenting each of my articles here at Blood Work.

If you haven't checked out this latest article here you go!


It comes as no surprise that Marvel Comics would release a new Iron Fist ongoing series in tandem with Netflix's recent Iron Fist television series. For a fan of Iron Fist this is a welcomed side-effect of the Netflix series. I wasn't terribly enthusiastic about the last Iron Fist book by Kaare Andrews, but this book has the potential to blow my socks off! First off, the art work is amazing! It's by an artist named Mike Perkins whose quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I haven't read anything from writer Ed Brisson before but already I like where he's taking this story. He's taking Danny Rand and putting him in a plot that's one part Rambo III, one part Ong Bak, and shaping up to look like Enter The Dragon.

It's like this book was made for me! Check out my review by clicking the link above.





No comments:

Post a Comment