Saturday, July 19, 2014

RESPECTIVE RETROSPECTIVE: SHOCK WAVES


Okay, this is one I feel obligated to talk up! I bought it on a whim, seeing that Peter Cushing and John Carradine were in it helped sell it too.

In the final years of World War II the Nazis created a secret division of the SS, unfeeling, unstoppable, Un-Living! They were called the Death Corps. No member of this mysterious corps was ever captured by Allied Forces.

Now they've returned!



I ask you, who doesn't like Zombie Nazi movies? This one wasn't so much as scary as it was creepy and atmospheric. The mood and ambiance it created was excellent! The acting was good and the plot was fun. The premise is ridiculous but in my experience that is exactly what makes a great horror movie! For 1976 it was a wonderful discovery!


The DVD is excellent too brought to us by the great BLUE UNDERGROUND company which has given us so many classic and previously lost horror and fantasy films to DVD and Blu-Ray. The transfer of the film is decent. The special features are great too loaded with a director's commentary, interview with lead actor Luke Halpin, theatrical trailer, poster and stills gallery. As far as I'm concerned it has the two essential special features I look for in my DVDs and Blu-Rays, commentary and trailers. Deleted scenes used to be an essential feature I looked for but those can be hit or miss. Same could be said for all special features I guess. 

Anyway, this film is treated very well by Blue Underground and well worth the $11 bucks I paid for it. This is the kind of movie that I love to discover by accident and sing it's praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment