Sunday, June 15, 2014

THE METAL WILL LIVE ON: AMON AMARTH

I need to get into more Swedish Metal. This may be old news to some but I just recently discovered how awesome AMON AMARTH is. I was writing a scene in my second book the other day and I needed something powerful to write to. I remembered seeing the wicked awesome covers of the albums by band Amon Amarth. So I took a chance on their latest album titled DECEIVER OF THE GODS. Not only was the title perfectly appropriate for my story's subject matter but the music itself was powerful, epic, and darkly evocative.

Amon Amarth have been around for a long time, since 1992. Their Norse Gods influences and themes are very cool and something they've held true to throughout their career it seems. Their album titles include, Once Sent From the Golden Hall, The Avenger (Marvel Comics Reference?), Fate of Norns, With Oden On Our Side, Twilight of the Thunder God, Surtur Rising- With titles like these how could you resist?

Ranking For Deceiver of the Gods 6 out of 10

A very good introduction to Amon Amarth. Oh yeah, apparently their band's name is taken from the Eledhrim Elves language of Sindarin (a fictional language from J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle Earth). Amon Amarth in Sindarin means "Mount Doom." How cool is that? For myself I like the name Amon for it's connection to the manga/anime Devilman (something I will no doubt discuss in a later post).


Look at all this bitchin' swag!

Give it a quick listen here!
Amon Amarth: Deceiver of the Gods

No comments:

Post a Comment