Friday, February 26, 2016

COMICS IN REVIEW: DOCTOR STRANGE #1 (2015 SERIES)

Hey, everyone!

Here's an article I wrote for the website COMICONVERSE about the latest volume (Volume 5 maybe? I'm not sure if A FLIGHT OF BONES or THE OATH are considered ongoing volumes or mini series).

Anyway, here it is.



BY JASON AARON
 
 As always please click on the link and comment below. Your support, my fellow readers, is greatly appreciated and I can't thank you all enough. 

The 92' variant cover for Doctor Strange #3 featuring THE MIDNIGHT SONS!
In December Marvel Comics rolled out a series of variant covers with the theme of the early 1990's Marvel Comics. This cover for Doctor Strange #3 is by one of my favorite artists, MARK TEXEIRA, who long illustrated the GHOST RIDER comic from the 1990's. The characters shown are Ghost Rider (Danny Ketch) Morbius, Blade, Johnny Blaze, and Strange (Paradox). Together along with a few others these characters were known as the MIDNIGHT SONS and are one of my favorite ensembles in all of comics.

Needless to say, when I saw this image online I knew I had to track it down and add it to my collection! Interestingly, writer Jason Aaron has previously written both Johnny Blaze and Danny Ketch. Now he's adding Doctor Strange to his list. Is there a Midnight Sons resurrection on the horizon? I really really hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment