Friday, February 13, 2015

HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH!


Today is sort of an anniversary. The first Blood Work post was done on a Friday the 13th last year. June 13th to be exact. I know it's not June but it is a Friday the 13th and that in itself is something to celebrate! So, in the interest of all things black cats, broken mirrors, rabid dogs, and screeching bats... not to mention machetes and hockey masks... HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH!

Your required viewing for today is one or more of the 12 Friday the 13th films in existence. I'll also accept the 1916 silent film of the same name (sadly not Hockey masked killer :( ) or the 1957 movie also titled the same (which sadly I know nothing about). Or you could watch one or more episodes of the Friday the 13th tv series from the 1980's. If none of the above suggestions are available to you you must at least watch a scary movie. Or something with Jason Voorhees in it (like the episodes of Family Guy with him in it). I also encourage watching more than one if time allows.


Tomorrow affords a few movie opportunities too, like the horror comedy Saturday the 14th (1981) and its sequel Saturday the 14th Strikes Back (1988). If you can make it through those then you've also got the original My Bloody Valentine (1981) and the remake with the same name from 2009, staring Supernatural's Jensen Ackles. Horror film opportunities abound!

Oh yeah, and after all of that don't forget to treat your significant other to something special too ;) But I'd hold off on the intimate stuff till tomorrow though (you know, don't want to anger any serial killers). And ward off the bad luck by embracing this superstitious holiday! Or take your chances...

Anyway, you all are going to celebrate with me, right? Now, as I type this, I am currently viewing the original 1980 slasher classic FRIDAY THE 13TH featuring the man himself, Kevin Bacon. I will attempt to go through as many Jason flicks as I can today, or as many as my other half will allow (she's not as fond of horror films as I am. I know, nobody's perfect ;)

Here's all of us at Blood Work wishing you all a Happy Friday the 13th!

No comments:

Post a Comment