Friday, October 3, 2014

HALLOWEEN HORROR DAYS ~ DAY 1: INVADERS FROM MARS


I started off the season with a film I had never seen before much to my chagrin. The 1986 remake of INVADERS FROM MARS! Directed by legendary horror maestro Tobe Hooper and special effects by monster master Stan Winston. I ask you what about this doesn't sound appealing?

Okay, simply put, it isn't his best film but it is a darn fun one. The plot is fairly standard. Aliens land and start taking over the townsfolk one person at a time. Only young David Gardner can save the town from total invasion! 


The acting is pretty bad and the pacing seems off a bit. At first glance you think the film has very little to offer but then you see the martians and you totally forgive it for all the problems. Stan Winston once again shows why he is the best at making monsters. Some designs appear very similar or evocative of monster designs in the film From Beyond, another worthy horror film.


All in all it was another fun 80's horror film and I do so love me some fun 80's horror films.

Overall Ranking: 5 out of 10
Nude-O-Meter: 0 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment