Sunday, October 4, 2015

SCULPTING HORROR: SHEER TERROR SOCIETY

Okay, I just recently became aware of these and I am seriously impressed. What do you guys think?


These are sculptures of zombie characters from the international horror films (from left to right) TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD, HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY, Lucio Fulci's ZOMBIE, the American classic from George Romero DAWN OF THE DEAD, and Fulci's ZOMBIE once again.



This is a series of busts called SHEER TERROR from QUARANTINE STUDIOS. They had a club option when these first went available a couple years ago. From what I could gather these were sold unpainted for around $80 to $90 plus shipping and ranged from 9 inches to 10 and a 1/2 inches tall.


One of the zombies featured in George Romero's Dawn of the Dead. I don't know if this character has a name or not. If anyone knows feel free to let me know and comment below, please. I am the least thrilled with 'plaid zombie' here, but it is still mighty impressive.


An undead Templar from Amando de Ossorio's Spanish horror masterpiece Tombs of the Blind Dead. I am most tempted by this piece as I love the BLIND DEAD series. The sculpt is spot on from the film and includes the original Italian film title on the back.


This is the 'Fat Zombie' from the beginning of Lucio Fulci's ZOMBIE. He is the first zombie we see in the film and this sculpt is amazing. Sadly he is overshadowed by the hero zombie from the same film. Scroll down to see a sculpt of him!


This is a bust of the slasher Dr. Freudstein from the film House by the Cemetery directed by Italian horror maestro Lucio Fulci. I am very impressed with this sculpt and this one is tied for second most desirable of the set.


And lastly we have the hero zombie from director Lucio Fulci's film Zombie. This zombie in my opinion is perhaps the sickest zombie design in film history and has become something of a cult horror icon. If I could pick and choose between all of these this one would definitely be among the selected. Simply grotesque. Love it, love it, love it!


The cold hard facts are that these busts cost nearly $100 and come unpainted. Yeah right, like I could ever hope to paint any of these any better than a 6 year old. Sad but true. I want them. Well, I want the three zombies pictured directly below, Dr. Freudstein (center), the hero zombie (right), and the undead Templar from Tombs of the Blind Dead (left). I could easily leave the fat zombie and the plaid zombie behind. 

I want these three something fierce!
Maybe, just maybe I will buy one. But if I do I'll have to spend a fortune to get it professionally painted and that will cost so much I'm ashamed to post the figure on my blog... for fear that I might actually pay it.

What do you guys think? Am I crazy or are these things horribly amazing?!

No comments:

Post a Comment